Striking at Comal Active teaches participants how to increase overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power by incorporating striking drills into CrossFit workouts. Strikes are some of the most functional movements because punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy require people to utilize their entire body. This is why fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world.
Striking classes are designed to incorporate basic mixed-martial-arts, boxing and self-protection striking concepts into workouts.
Striking classes teach athletes to:
- Achieve a fighter’s fitness level.
- Add variety to CrossFit workouts.
- Throw proper strikes and combinations.
- Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain in supporting athletic performance and fighting.
- Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience.
- Learn proper striking mechanics.
- Learn an essential self-protection skill.
- Effectively use shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag.